Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer TV Guilty Pleasures

Around 4pm on Tuesdays I start to get a little giddy. Why? Because I know in a few hours I'll be giggling at someone's attempts to run across four big balls.

We don't watch reality tv, not that we've made it a rule to live by but what isn't trash tv usually seems to be pretty addictive and we don't need that distraction. BUT, this summer we are hopelessly addicted to Wipe Out and I Survived a Japanese Game Show. We laugh so hard during Wipe Out, not only are the contestants' wipe outs funny but the hosts' comments are hilarious. John Henson cracks me up with his sign-off, "Good night and big balls." We find ourselves cheering for contestants on Japanese Game Show and envious of the rewards given to the winning team.

I don't know how long these shows will last but I'm enjoying them for the moment.

No comments: