Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Benini Sculpture Ranch

Sam, Rusty & I visited the Benini Sculpture Ranch last Saturday and it was a fun outing. An incredible collection of large scuplture are strewn about this 140 acre ranch near Johnson City, TX. LBJ used to own this ranch and it is now owned by Benini, his wife Lorraine and their foundation.

You can stay in your air conditioned car and drive through the ranch to admire the art or you can park and stroll through the hills and experience the scupltures up close. A visit to the ranch is a great day trip from Austin. Here are a few photos from our visit.










































4 comments:

Mrs. Geiger said...

Hi Eileen,

I think that looks so cool. I'm excited to now get on your blog. I've linked yours to mine, too. Hope that's okay.

--Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Well, now I know who to go to when I'm scratching my head about where to take the kids for an outing (after the heat breaks next November, and after Ada's off the bottle - of formula, that is).

Eileen said...

Hi Suzanne,

It was great fun. You guys should check it out. I'll link to your blog too. :-)

Eileen

Eileen said...

Liz,

That would be a great place to visit with the kiddies. And stop by the Silver K cafe in Johnson City for lunch or dinner afterwards. They have a great patio where the kids could move around.

Eileen