Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Walk in the Woods

One of my favorite books, "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson, is being made into a movie by Robert Redford. How exciting! I've lent this book to many friends who've also become Bryson fans.

I love Bill Bryson's books, another favorite is "In a Sunburned Country". Bryson's storytelling style and dry wit make for "laugh out loud" reading. In his travelogues he cleverly peppers his hilarious tales with interesting and relevant historical facts. Known for his travel books Bryson has also written several books on science and the history of the English language which have been well received by academics and critics.

I truly look forward to seeing "A Walk in the Woods" on the big screen. It is a delightful book.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I'm not sure how AWITW will translate to film, but I'll see it regardless. Bryson is an insanely talented writer.