Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Movie Filled Weekend

Sam & I saw three movies over the weekend which is almost as many as we saw in total last year. Well, not quite but last year was not a big theater year for us.

We saw "Cloverfield" with a friend Saturday afternoon, "The Water Horse" with friends Sunday afternoon and a sneak preview of "U23D" IMAX last night. Cloverfield was good, The Water Horse was great and U23D knocked my socks off.

I've been a fan of U2 since I was 11 or 12 years old, so for more than a third of my life, and went to my first U2 show when I was 15. I love, love, love them. I thought the idea of watching a concert in 3D seemed pretty cool but it was almost as good as being at the show. I got goosebumps during my favorite songs and was just completely engrossed in the film. Sam was less than enthusiastic about going to the show last night but he was completely sucked in also.

Any U2 fans out there should definitely check it out. In Austin it's showing at the Bob Bullock IMAX theater.

No comments: