Friday, October 10, 2008

More Photos

On day two we ascended the space needle and enjoyed the 360 view of Seattle. It was a bit hazy so none of my photos were remarkable.

Then we went on a boat tour of Lake Union and Lake Washington. The weather was sunny and warm so both lakes were full of sail boats, motor boats, kayaks, canoes and water planes. There was so much traffic on the lake that a small sail boat crashed into the rear of our boat. The small boat and its passengers were fine. We saw the Sleepless in Seattle floating house.




Then we headed downtown and had a late lunch near Pioneer Square. After lunch we made our way over to the Square and went on the Underground Tour. I was very interested in doing this tour BUT I was very nervous about having a claustrophic panic attack. I thought I was going to let my mother and sister go without me while we were waiting but I decided to give it a shot. After we were underground and walking through the tunnels under the city I started to freak out a little bit but I kept my head down and started taking photos of everything. I just focussed on my camera and then we were done about 90 minutes later. It was a great tour, our guide was very informative and funny but more importantly I survived!

This is how I felt a few times when I thought about being under the city

Original wall covering from old Seattle

A storefront from old Seattle
Original Seattle plumbing: wooden pipes

No comments: