Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ode to Costco

I love Costco. I love their products, the way the stores are set up with nice wide aisles and high roof (I'm claustrophobic so a high roof is nice), their staff is always pleasant and helpful, and the prices are just right. I love their food court pizza, coffee that's roasted right in the store, rotisserie chicken, fruit and vegetable selection, increasing selection of organic items, wine and beer selection, and the nice surprises you can find in their book, dvd and clothing aisles. One such surprise was Karen Neuberger pajamas for $29 compared to the $69 I paid at Nordstroms.

I was in Costco yesterday to pick up a few things and I discovered that they're now carrying paper towels and toilet paper made of recycled paper, 80% post-consumer recycled paper to be exact. I was so pleased. And they also carry my new favorite laundry soap, Wintree, which doesn't contain any weird detergents or scents.

If they would just start carrying Barilla Plus pasta and Burts Bees bath products.

Oh Costco, how I love thee.

No comments: